Sunday, June 14, 2009

Crane Day is Here!!

Today is Crane Mobilization Day! In a few hours, the 250 ton crane will be here and beginning to set-up and mobilize.

I was out at the Smokestack earlier this evening and was pleasnatly surprised to see many friends, neighbors and other from the community stopping by to say a fond "goodbye" to our beloved Cowell Smokestack. We took some final pictures before the big days this week. As we get closer to the demolition, I find myself becoming extremely sentimental. This puzzles me somewhat because I don't have nearly as much "history" as many of you I've heard from. But it alsoplease me. With a little more than a day to go, it is fun abd gratifyibg to see people coming out to the stack.

I, like all of you, will miss it terribly. See you tomorrow.

Mark Weinmann, Cowell Smokestack Project Manager, CHOA

0 comments:

Post a Comment